Hurricane season Eastern Pacific 2015

Alles wat betrekking heeft op het buitenlands weer. Tropische stormen, orkanen, etc.
Gerard

Re: Hurricane season Eastern Pacific 2015

Bericht door Gerard » 23-10-2015 15:57

Sterkste ooit volgens de laatste berichtgevingen.

Edward

Bericht door Edward » 23-10-2015 18:10

De NOS bericht over een Nederlandse die in het gebied zit, waar het oog landfall gaat maken. Ik weet niet of evacuatie daar mogelijk was/is, nu nog, maar een sterke Cat. 5 zoals deze of Hayan is toch iets anders dan een cat.3-4 die landfall maakt. Daarvan zijn nog enkele YT filmpjes zijn te vinden (waarin bij passage van de eyewall gebouwen worden afgetuigd). Het is niet te bevatten hoe sterk de wind bij de kern is. Op het pad ligt een stedelijk gebied met zo'n 400.000 inwoners.
Laatst gewijzigd door Edward op 23-10-2015 18:13, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Karel

Bericht door Karel » 23-10-2015 20:13

De oorzaken van de enorme recordkracht van Patricia op een rij. http://www.wsi.com/blog/the-strongest-tropical-cyclone-ever-observed-major-hurricane-patricia
Hierbij kan nog worden aangetekend dat het seizoen van deze voor Mexico aanlandige hurricanes nog niet voorbij is.

Edward

Bericht door Edward » 24-10-2015 19:47

We kunnen blij zijn dat het oog van Patricia niet bij een stad aan land is gegaan. Nu hopen dat de overstromingen meevallen.

Gert

Bericht door Gert » 25-10-2015 10:20

Hieronder een verslag tijdens de passage van de eyewall

After an hour or two of violent, destructive winds in Emiliano Zapata, the pressure bottomed out at 937.8 mb at 6:12 pm. We saw brightness in the sky and some touches of blue, and while the wind was still dangerous, it seemed to be a little less energetic for a few minutes. (I notice that the NHC's landfall point was *very* close to us! So it looks like we might have been skirting the edge of the eye at this time.) Then the pressure started to rapidly rise, and I assumed the worst of the hurricane had passed. Actually, it hadn't started. (Ugh.)

At 6:34 pm the wind shifted sharply and a wall of wind and rain swept in, engulfing the hotel with a howling, whistling sound. There was a complete whiteout. The building trembled. Things were crashing-- big crashes as the hotel started to blow apart. Erik and I retreated to our room. A frightened hotel worker joined us and we stood in the dark, not sure what to do. We heard a terrific explosion and assumed the roof had blown off. (We were right.) Minutes later a man burst into the room-- a family across the hall was in trouble-- their room had torn open-- roof, ceiling, and all had blown away. Erik rushed across the hall-- which was now a wind tunnel-- and helped them into our room. Then all of us-- six adults and two children-- crammed into the tiny bathroom: the family around the toilet, Erik and me in the shower stall, two hotel workers next to the sink, all of us pressed against each other in the darkness like trapped animals. Roaring. Crashing. The mother wept-- she was freaked out. I told her not to worry-- told her (in broken Spanish) we were totally safe-- but I was talking nonsense, telling a lie. More crashing. We put pillows and blankets over the children, and Erik and I put computer bags over our heads and got low. Water was streaming from the ceiling and we expected it to blow away any second. So Erik and the two workers and I pulled the mattress off the bed and squeezed it into the bathroom. We tore the shower doors out to make room, then lifted the mattress up over everyone and wedged it in to make an extra ceiling. And we waited.

The howling continued, but the pressure was rising fast-- into the 960s, then '70s-- and I knew we'd clear the core soon... just a few more minutes of this insanity. And by maybe 7 pm or so, we did. We crept out to look at the devastation-- smashed rooms, mountains of debris, trees stripped bare. And as it got dark the wind slowly calmed... And we had a tranquil night sleeping on a damp mattress, the crickets chirping all hours in the black, sticky calm.

On a meteorological note: The pressure gradient in the core of this cyclone was frightening. The pressure recovered explosively-- 31 mb in 26 minutes (6:24 - 6:50 pm) (!!) and an incredible 15 mb in just 9 minutes (6:34 - 6:43 pm) while the winds ripped apart the hotel. It was an incredible, frightening experience (and honor) to punch the core of this Cat-5 hurricane-- the strongest known landfall ever in the Eastern Pacific. My video footage is messy, shaky, and wild, but I believe it captures the terror of the experience and I hope to post it soon.

I need to give a HUGE thanks to the team that made this chase awesome: my right-hand man in Texas, Scott Brownfield; James Hyde; and Jorge Abelardo Gonzalez. They all helped us interpret PATRICIA's complex motion in those frantic final hours as we tried to pinpoint the landfall. And I also want to thank Erik Sereno, who's been an awesome chase partner. Thanks also to Eric Blake, of the National Hurricane Center, for his valuable insights on off hours. And finally, I want to thank all the members of this page who give so much encouragement-- it helps during really tough chases like PATRICIA.

bron https://www.facebook.com/iCyclone/posts/10153433315334597:0

Karel

Bericht door Karel » 03-11-2015 12:11

Patricia ging aan land bij Emiliano Zapata, verwoestte die stad en de directe omgeving langs de kust van Jalisco ( Mexico). Hierbij het verslag:http://icyclone.com/upload/chases/patricia/iCyclone Chase Report - PATRICIA 2015.pdf

Oud-forumlid

Bericht door Oud-forumlid » 16-11-2015 20:36

Net terug uit Nepal (5 weken wandelen door de bergen, Dorpathan - Dolpo - Mustang - uitloop via standaard Annapurna route). Heb nog even naar Patricia gekeken. Indrukwekkend. In 24 uur blies ie zich op tot een volle cat. V - 100 mbar luchtdruk daling. Zeer steile drukgradiënt rond de kern.

Ik heb op m'n hurricane file (http://www.euronet.nl/users/e_wesker/atlhur.html) de grafiekjes al bijgewerkt. De definitieve eindstand komt rond half december.

Atlantische oceaan: Relatief rustig. Maar één storm die werkelijk wat voorstelde (Joaquin). Oost Pacific: Zeer actief, Noord-West Pacific iets minder, maar ook behoorlijk actief.

Mazzel & broge, Evert

Karel

Bericht door Karel » 25-11-2015 15:15

Hurricane Sandra (80kts) is inmiddels het 19e systeem in de Eastern Pacific (978hPa, 12,3N,109,4W).
Alleen in 1983 was er nog een hurricane in open water op een latere datum in het najaar in de Eastern Pacific. Sandra heeft volgens de modellen potentie voor een hurricane3 kracht en zal over enkele dagen Baja California (Cabo San Lucas) afgezwakt passeren op weg naar Mexico en de USA. Dit zal een record late landfall zijn voor Mexico in de Eastern Pacific.

Karel

Bericht door Karel » 27-11-2015 12:41

Hurricane Sandra zal morgen 150 km ten zuiden van Cabo San Lucas langs naar Mexico en de USA trekken als Tropical Storm en Depressie volgens de modellen. Zoals uit bijgaand beeld blijkt vooral een flinke vochtbrenger naar de extratropen.http://www.inmet.gov.br/satelites/?area=0&produto=GOES_GLOBAL_IV&ct=0

Oud-forumlid

Bericht door Oud-forumlid » 27-11-2015 21:02

Nog even wat data nagekeken. Sandra heeft uiteindelijk als maximum cat. IV gehaald. (125 kts, 938 mbar)

De Noord-Oost Pacific beleeft een zeer actief seizoen. Vrijwel gelijk aan dat van 1992.

Mazzel, Evert
Laatst gewijzigd door Oud-forumlid op 27-11-2015 21:03, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Plaats reactie